Monday 21 June 2021

Last cruise …..

Monday 31st May; Crown Arm to Alvechurch Marina

It was cloudy and still this morning, and surprisingly chilly outside.  Dave disappeared down the engine hole for a large part of the morning to make sure everything was clean and tidy.  I should have taken a picture; he always keeps it spick and span down there.  Meanwhile, Meg gloomed on the towpath.

So bored!

According to my handwritten boat diary, aka the Captain’s Log, I cleared out the well deck this morning.  I wonder what I did yesterday morning then?   It’s bound to have been some sort of cleaning though, possibly the grill compartment which I know I did before the oven, which the Captain’s log says I did this afternoon.  Oh well, that’s what comes of slacking in your duties as the blog writer.  After lunch we cruised slowly down to the marina in the sunshine.  I made jolly sure I shared the steering on our last day of cruising.  


Watch it!
 
Just chillin'

We moored at the wharf and went to hand over our proof of ownership and photo ID.  I still haven't got a photo driving licence (renewals for over-70s were suspended for a while because of Covid) but luckily they were happy with my bus pass!  We were directed to moor in one of the share boat berths, as they wouldn’t be back until Friday – it was Shenstone’s, next door to Debdale’s.  We used to have a share in Padworth, another ex-Ownerships boat, so we always look out for her ‘cousins’.  We were told we could use the hook-up too, though we will have to pay for it of course.

And then yet more cleaning.  Dave had the wonderful job of emptying, and then cleaning thoroughly, two cassettes.  He does it so well!

He had spotted a good rail connection to get back to Droitwich to collect the car, changing at University station instead of going all the way into Birmingham, so later in the afternoon we took Meg for a stroll down a footpath running from the main road to the far end of Alvechurch station car park, then after we had waved him off Meg and I walked along the towpath for a bit.

He was back before 9.  The evening was very warm and we would have enjoyed a cool beer at the Weighbridge pub next to the marina, but there were no free tables outside and we’re still choosing not to go inside pubs.

Less than one mile’s cruising.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment